1. Which of the following is/are not true about “Operation Green”?
(a) It was announced on the line of “Operation Flood”.
(b) It is to take care of tomatoes, onions and potatoes only.
(c) It will have a 50% subsidy on transportation from surplus to deficient markets and 50% subsidy on storage, including cold storage.
(d) All the above.
2. Damodar River passes through
- West Bengal
(a) 1, 2, 3 & 4
(b) 1, 2, 3 only
(c) 1, 3, 4 only
(d) 1 & 2 only
3. Pearl Harbor lagoon is located in the
(a) Atlantic ocean
(b) Pacific ocean
(c) Arctic ocean
(d) South China sea
4. With reference to the Forum of Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA), consider the following statements:
- It has seven members.
- Pakistan is not a part of this forum.
Which of the Statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
5. Which of the below is/are associated with providing safeguards against the chemical disasters in India?.
1. Environmental Protection Act, 1986
2. Public Liability Insurance Act 1991
3. Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 1, 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 only
(d) 2 and 3
The Damodar river rises in the Palamu hills of the Chota Nagpur plateau in the state of Jharkhand. It passes through two Indian states namely, Jharkhand and West Bengal. Konar and Barakar rivers are tributaries of the Damodar river. The Konar dam has been constructed across the Konar river in the Hazaribagh District of Jharkhand. Whereas, the Barak river flows through the states of Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram and Assam in India.
5-(b) – https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/vizag-gas-leak-bhopal-tragedy-india-chemical-disasters-laws-6398912/