1.Which of the following attributes of water are assessed by CPCB for recommending it for different purposes?
(i) Dissolved Oxygen (DO)
(ii) Biological Oxygen Demand(BOD)
(iii) Total Coliform Matter(TCM)
(a) i, ii and iii (c) i and ii only
(b) ii and iii only (d) ii only
2. The Muslim rule was first established in Kashmir in the:
(a) 11th century
(b) 12th century
(c) 13th century
(d) 14th century
3. Which of the following statements regarding “Red Sanders” is right?
(i) It is a fragrant variety of sandalwood
(ii) It is sensitive to water-logging
(iii) It grows in dry deciduous forests
(a) i and ii only (c) ii only
(b) ii and iii only (d) i, ii and iii
4. Which of the following was not one of the objectives of foreign policy of India during the Prime-ministership of Jawaharlal Nehru?
(a) Support of world-peace
(b) Opposition to imperialism
(c) Observation of neutrality from power politics of the world of the world
(d) Support to Socialism in International affairs
5. Consider the following statements regarding “Clause 56(j) of Fundamental Rules” which was in news recently :
(i) It authorises the Prime Minister of India to terminate the service of Government servants prior to their retirement age.
(ii) It can be exercised in case of corrupt or inefficient officers.
(a) Only i is right (c) Both i and ii are right
(b) Only ii is right (d) Neither i nor ii are right
5. (b) https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/government-employees-under-scanner-with-performance-reviews/articleshow/70362425.cms