1.Which of the following are Indian Government’s steps towards doubling farmers’ income by 2022 ?
(i) Advanced crop varieties for cultivation
(ii) Organic farming promotion
(iii) New breeds of livestock and poultry
(iv) Integrated and mixed farming systems promotion
(a) Only ii, iii an iv (b) Only i, ii and iii
(c) Only i, iii and iv (d) All the above
2. National Language Translation Mission (NLTM) is and initiative of which other Ministry ?
(a) Ministry of Culture (b) Ministry of Human Resources and Development
(c) Ministry of Tribal Affairs (d) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
3. Consider the following statements and identify the correct ones :
(i) All the seven sea turtle species inhabit Indian coastal waters.
(ii) The eastern coastline is the breeding grounds for Olive Ridley, Green turtle and Hawksbill.
(iii) Except Green turtle, all other sea turtles are carnivorous.
(a) Only i and ii (b) Only ii and iii
(c) Only i and iii (d) i, ii and iii
4. The “Aid for Trade Initiative” was launched by
(a) World Trade Organization (b) United National Convention on Trade And Development
(c) US Chamber of Commerce (d) Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development
5. Rivers familiar to Rig Vedic people are:
(i) Ganga (ii) Yamuna
(iii) Saraswati (iv) Sindhu
(a) iii and iv only (b) i and ii only
(c) ii, iii and iv only (d) All the above
3. (b) https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/energy-and-environment/leatherback-nesting-sites-could-be-overrun-by-andamans-project/article33845010.ece
(Only 5 of the 7 sea turtles inhabit Indian coastal waters – Olive Ridley, Green Turtle, Hawksbill, Leather-backed and Loggerhead turtles .)
4. (a) https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/devel_e/a4t_e/aid4trade_e.htm#:~:text=The%20WTO%2Dled%20Aid%2Dfor,developing%20and%20least%2Ddeveloped%20countries.