1.Consider the following statements regarding “solar and lunar eclipses” and identify the correct ones:
(i) Almost everyone on night side of the earth can see a total lunar eclipse.
(ii) Unlike solar eclipse, observing a total lunar eclipse does not require any special equipment.
(a) Only i is right (b) Only ii is right
(c) Both i and ii are right (d) Neither i and ii are right.
2. “Sagarika” which was recently in news refers to:
(a) India’s 1st full-fledged international cruise terminal
(b) India’s most advanced nuclear powered submarine
(c) India’s most powerful light combat aircraft(LCA)
(d) India’s high range ballistic missiles
3. Which of the following statements regarding “Masala Bonds” is right?
(i) To internationalise the Indian currency
(ii) To fund infrastructural projects in India
(iii) To fuel internal growth through borrowing
(a) i only (b) i and ii only
(c) i and iii only (d) All the above
4. Clive did not want to annex Bengal because
(a) He wanted power without responsibility
(b) He did not have enough military strength
(c) Indians were better administrators
(d) All of the above
5. Consider the following statements regarding “Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)” in comparison to petrol/diesel:
(i) Price is less fluctuating and cheaper
(ii) CNG is less polluting and considered a clean fuel
(iii) Mileage of CNG vehicles is less than petrol/diesel vehicles
(a) Only i is right (b) i and ii are right
(c) i, ii and iii are right (d) i and iii are right
2. (a) https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Kochi/another-landmark-in-cruise-tourism-for-kochi-port/article33832645.ece
5. (b) https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/natural_gas_basics.html